C21 – Building Moving/Demolition
ORDER NOW –Trade Course with Law & Business
ORDER NOW –Study KIT Trade Only
Why Choose Industry Schools Licensing KITS;
|We are the Leader in Home Study Courses||Your Best Value "ANYWHERE"|
|We have an "A+" Rating with the BBB||Live Support with a Licensed Contractor|
|Trade Classification Course Manual||Law and Business Course Manual|
|Classes Recorded on DVDs and/or CDs||CRASH COURSE - Practice Exam CDs|
|We provide all State Approved Forms||FREE Application and Form Review|
|Hundreds of Current Practice Questions||UPDATES to your Exam Questions|
|We include a State Licensing Checklist||FULL Phone & Email Support|
|FREE SHIPPING with Original KITS||OUR 200% PASS or We Pay Guarantee|
A building moving/demolition contractor raises, lowers, cribs, underpins, demolishes and moves or removes structures, including their foundations. This classification does not include the alterations, additions, repairs or rehabilitation of the permanently retained portions of such structures.
Authority cited: Sections 7008 and 7059, Reference: Sections 7058 and 7059 (Business and Professions Code)
The Building Moving and Demolition Contractor (C-21) Examination is divided into five major sections. These sections are:
1. Planning and Estimating (23%)
- Prepare estimate and job plan
- Complete job planning, permitting, and scheduling
2. Site Inspection and Control (18%)
- Identify and disconnect utilities and site control
3. Demolition, Recycling, and Salvaging (25%)
- Plan and implement job site security
- Demolish structure
- Prepare and dispose of recyclable and waste materials
4. Lifting and Moving Structures (8%)
- Evaluate structural integrity
- Prepare structure for lifting
- Transport and place structure on site
5. Safety (26%)
- Identify and address job site safety hazards
- Prepare for and use elevated equipment in accordance with safe practices
*Percentages are approximate*
The following questions are typical of the types of items that are on the examination. The correct answer is highlighted.
1. If wind speed is so great that the structure being moved swerves from side to side, what action should the contractor take?
- Add additional restraints before proceeding with the move.
- Postpone the move until these conditions cease.
- Secure a police escort to facilitate the move.
- Add extra transportation equipment to ensure continuity of the move.
2. What reference material must the contractor have knowledge of to review reports to identify hazardous materials, lead, and asbestos?
- California Building Code
- Contractors License Law
- California Code of Regulations
- Cal/OSHA Construction Safety Orders
3. For fire protection roadways between and around combustible storage piles, what MINIMUM number of feet must be maintained free from accumulation of rubbish, equipment, or other materials?
- 15 feet
- 20 feet
- 25 feet
- 30 square feet
*All questions are written and reviewed by licensed contractors who are actively working in the field*
- Cal/OSHA Construction Safety Orders.
- California Code of Regulations, Title 8,
- Industrial Relations, Chapter 4, Subchapter 4,
- Barclays Law Publishers,
- P.O. Box 95767,
- Chicago, IL 60694.
- (800) 888-3600
- FAX (415) 732-8875
- Building News, Inc.,
- 1612 S. Clementine Street,
- Anaheim, CA 92802.
- (888) 264-2665
- INTERNET: ccr.oal.ca.gov/cgi-bin/om_isapi.dll or www.bni-books.com
- California Building Code.
- International Conference of Building Officials,
- 5360 S. Workman Mill Road,
- Whittier, CA 90601.
- (800) 284-4406
- FAX: (888) 329-4226.
- INTERNET: www.icbo.org
- CA Commercial Driver Handbook.
- Department of Motor Vehicles,
- available at any DMV office.
- (800) 777-0133
- INTERNET: www.dmv.ca.gov/pubs/pubs.htm
- Demolition Safety Manual.
- National Association of Demolition Contractors,
- 16 N. Franklin Street, Suite 203,
- Doylestown, PA 18901.
- (800) 541-2412
- FAX: (215) 348-8422.
- INTERNET: www.demolitionassociation.com
- Moving Buildings for Profit.
- American Architectural Preservation Group, Inc.,
- 631 Cross Avenue,
- Los Angeles, CA 90065.
- (323) 848-2682
- INTERNET: www.realestatewired.org/movingbuildings.htm
*Publisher information is current as of 05/03*